THE TAMIL SANGAM
The tamil sangam Societ (a Society Registered under the Madhya Pradesh Society Registration Act 1952 vide No.:3923) was formed in the year 1974. The socio-cultural organisation in the B.H.E.L. township is affiliated to the Bharat Heavy Electrical Cultural and National integration samiti(BHECNIS)
Establishing and maintaining school, colleges and other institution in according with the rules and regulation in force in the education Department of the Goverment of Madhya Pradesh, the Bhopal University, the university grant commission and other such bodies and Tamil shall be taught as an optional subject at the appropriate levels in the institution under the control of the sangam. Promoting Tamil culture, Literature and social activities among members by means of reading rooms, libraries, Musical Entertainments, lectures, discourses etc.and to do such other lawful things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects
- Asisting present institutions in promoting the above objects.
- Promoting Tamil culture, Literature and social activities among members by means of reading rooms, libraries, Musical Entertainments, lectures, discourses etc.and to do such other lawful things as are incidental or conductive to the attainment of the above objects
The objectives as laid down in the memorandum and artical of society read as under:-
About Our School
MKN school was established by the Tamil sangam Bhopal in the year 1975.
The BHEL management allotted land for the construction of the school building at sector in Govindpura where the school is functioning.
The school is recognized by the education department of Madhya Pradesh under the 10 + 2 system, is a Co-Educational institution. The affiliation number is 632419.
The new building has a built up area 338 sq. meters, consisting of 11 class rooms, an office cum Principal room, a conference Hall / Library and a science laboratory was built up in 2000 during the tenure of Shri V. Iyer and shri RRS Manian, the erstwhile managing committees members. The new building was inaugurated by Mrs. Asha Aggarwal, W/o shri R.C Agarwal the then Executive Director of Bhopal Unit in the month of january 2000.
The second block was constructed between 2009-2011 with a built- up area 650 sq. m consisting of separate office room, Principal room, Vice-Principal cum Headmastress room, a computer lab, 6 classrooms and two additional science labs. during the tenure of
Shri Ganesan, Shri S Balakrishnan and Shri M Subramanayam as managing committee members. This block was inaugurated by Shri R Krishnamoorthy , GM, BHEL, Bhopal. The school has also been upgrated to Hr. Sec. school with effect from the academic year 2008-2009.
Presently the strength is around five hundred students and it has 35 staff members including the non-teaching members.
- OUR OBJECTIVE : Our objective is to promote the total development of the person so as to be fully human. fully INDIAN and truly modern. This means the students are prepared to be-open and committed both to the Divine Spirt and their fellow human-beings so as to become responsible citizens of our country.
A. SOCIAL: To produce " people for others."
- Admit students from all backgrounds.
- Encourage students to dream about making a difference to society
- Appreciate varied cultures.
- Understand issues concerning gender, human rights, communal-ism and ecology.
- Cultivate cooperation
- Teach students to look for the better way (God's way) when making decisions.
- Teach about other religions while encouraging students to be rooted in their own religion.
- Teach honesty.
- Develop creative activities.
- Tecach students to think reflectively, logically and critically.
- Foaster cooperative learing.
- Encourage the expression of ideas and opinions and listening to others views.
- Teach students to handle stress well.
D.PERSONAL : All round development of the student.
- Develop a positive self image in the student.
- Participate in co-curricular activities.
- Encourage sports with a spirit of cooperation.
- Teach life skills.
- Provide personal growth exercises : Value Education, etc.
- Provide opportunities to make decisions.
The M.K.N Education aims at the transformation of the whole person in four areas:-